The International Summit on Technology, Startups and Design, also known as Geeks On A Beach (GOAB) international technology and business conference is now on its 5th year. This time they it will happen on August 24-25, 2017 at Puerto Princesa City in Palawan.
Geeks On A Beach gathers together tech-driven enterprises, innovators, investors and global speakers in a fun milieu to inspire game-changing solutions to the world’s small and big challenges together with Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) and private stakeholders.
“Palawan boasts of global environmental wonders like the underground river, the Tubbataha reef and world class beaches.” As such, GOAB will tackle the theme of “Environment and Technology”, and it will also have tracks on “Startups in the Region”, “Creatives for the Future”, and “Tech for Challenging the World”, added David Overton, CEO of Sym.ph and Chief GOAB Geek.
This Geeks On A Beach is exploring what some of Asia’s most creative people are doing to address the challenges in society – the environment, education, health and the welfare of everyday human. Creative startups, social enterprises, viral advocacy videos and branding for startups.
The TECH world is at the forefront of change – what happens here affects our lives in a huge way. This sessions will tackle about all the nifty and impactful developments in virtual reality, artificial intelligence, IoT, UX/UI and mobile development.
Geeks On A Beach Planned Activities
- Talks and Panel discussions from over 30 local and international speakers about the latest trends and topics in the tech, startup and design industries
- International Startup Pitching Competition – Find some of the best startup companies in the region. Applications will be accepted soon.
- Investors’ Roundtable Dinner – Exclusive gathering by investors for investors.
- Business Matching/Speed Networking – Opportunity to meet startups, software development companies, outsourcing partners, mentors, investors, employees, employers, clients and supporters
- “Office Hours” – Get a chance to briefly meet mentors on a 1-1 basis
- Lunch with a Speaker – A key event at GOAB, volunteer speakers sit with the audience during lunch hour for more personal interaction and connection.
- Various networking opportunities scheduled around the conference talks and breakout sessions.
TechTalks.ph has organized the annual Geeks on a Beach (GOAB) conference starting in 2013 to push for the development of the Philippine startup ecosystem.
This is the 5th year that the Department of Information, Communication and Technology (DICT) is the co-organizer of GOAB. TechTalks.ph has been working with some sectors of DICT and DTI for some years now so we are hopeful that other government agencies will join the digital transformation and innovation bandwagon.
Visit http://geeksonabeach.com/ for details.